Thursday, December 1, 2011

wOOt to NaNoers everywhere!

Did you do NaNoWriMo?? Once again, I sort of accidentally did. I by accident wrote 57K words on the WIP, which just took a turn into the #toohotforYA realm last night. So...I'm thinking I will need to be revising some parts of this thing...cuz there's also the torture part... Yeah. Revision. A writer's best friend.

So, did you NaNoWriMo? How did you do? Cupcakes all around for everyone who hit their goal! My daughter's creative writing class did it as part of the Young Writers group and she passed her goal with over 30K words! Yay! But remember my NaNoWriMo advice at the beginning of the month!

Congrats and happy revising! =)

5 comments:

  1. LOL at the too hot for YA. That happened to me once. Then there's the adult paranormal that I was working on a few years ago that I figured would make a better YA, but I had to take out all the "good parts" to do it.

    Congrats on your word count! Mine has been woefully small this month, but now that I just got a new laptop, things will change for the better! Aw, who am I kidding, I'll probably spend all my time messing around online like I always do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did do it! Finished at 50,018. Which was my goal of 50kf or a first draft. Now come the edits and rewrites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it! I finished on the 28th at 79,919. That's the most I've ever written in one month - the complete rough (very rough) draft of a YA paranormal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of did.
    What I mean is, I started out with great intentions, I set aside the WIP I already had 20K on and started a new project just for NaWriMo. The first ten days I was going like a mad woman...then I got a phone call from a book reviewer who had just finished reading the manuscript I'm querying. After listening to her rave (and that feels really good as I'm sure you know) she had my head spinning back into those character's lives. She begged me to write the next book (though I know this is ill advised before book 1 even has an offer or representation!), but...but... I couldn't help it. I abandoned my NaNo and followed my muse back into the world I thought I'd left.
    In the end, I did write over 50K in November, I just don't have a BOOK to show for it. Ha!
    Oh well. It was fun and there's always next year.
    Do I still get a cupcake? Because those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete