Monday, December 13, 2010

Fave Five Books 2010

All this week I will be posting 2010 fave five lists. Today’s list is books. These are the five books I read this year that stuck with me long after I put them down. (not in any particular order) Remember that they may not all have been published this year.

If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
Can I just say WOW! I loved everything about this book. I often get the interview question, “Which book do you wish you wrote?” I’ve never been able to answer that question, because there are so many books that I adore. But now I have an answer. If I Stay is beautifully written, but not flowery. The characters jump off the page because Gayle is able to paint us such a complete picture of them without boring us with minutia. She finds the perfect balance. And, yes, I cried.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
This book is pure genius. I laughed out loud throughout the entire book, even though the subject matter was pretty serious. The writing is that good.




The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Not only is Kody about the cutest and nicest person I’ve ever known, but she writes a killer story with a totally delicious man-whore who I’m still lusting after ten months after reading the thing.

I hate to say it, but Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins still has me picking it up to re-read sections, just to make sure…

And, I’m going to cheat a little and lump two books by the same author in at number five. I read Nightshade by my fabulous critique partner, Andrea Cremer last year, so I can’t include it here. But I can include Wolfsbane and Bloodrose, which are both OMG! And that’s all I’m allowed to say about them =)

So, there's the list! Happy reading! Tomorrow's list will be 2011 books I'm dying for!

10 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool that you write paranormal and three of these books are contemporary :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether I liked the ending or not, Mockingjay has stayed with me. I can't wait to read Nightshade. It's in my tbr list for sure. And Personal Demons stayed with me because of the great dialogue and play on words that kept me smiling through out the whole book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your list (especially Will Grayson and If I Stay!).

    I'm so jealous of your reading Wolfsbane and Bloodrose! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of all of these I have only read Mockingjay. I'm so adding the others to my reading list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Nightshade yet, but those are both BIG on my wish list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I am of course in a TOTAL AGREEMENT about those first four...and I loved NIGHTSHADE so I'm willing to take your word on the next two. There definitely on my "looking forward to" list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I have to yes, definitely agree on NIGHTSHADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The others are on my too long TBR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best book I read this year was Hunger Games (it's just come to Brazil). Looking forward to reading Catching Fire (cute Peeta!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gotta rub in the fact that you've read Wolfsbane, don't ya =P lol. I loved The DUFF too! It was an amazing book =)

    ReplyDelete