Thursday, August 5, 2010

Personal Demons Cover and a peek at the first 48 pages on Amazon

First, I want to mention that Amazon has added the "LOOK INSIDE" feature to the Personal Demons listing, so when you go over there to *blushes and shuffles feet* buy the book, you can read through the first 48 pages. (There are actually a few pages missing, but it's essentially the first 2&1/2 chapters)

While you're there, however, you'll probably notice that the cover I have posted here and on my website is not the same as the one on Amazon (or B&N for that matter). There has been a TON of confusion over the Personal Demons cover (even amongst industry professionals), so I'm hoping to clear that up.

Here is the official Personal Demons cover:

This is the one on the sidebar to the right and on my website. If you'd like a countdown ticker for your blog, you can find the code here.
Many of you have seen the ARC cover:

This was up on my blog before we had the finished cover. It was created solely for the ARC because we were late getting the finished cover done. My Tor Art guy, Seth, put this one together for the ARC, and I love it.

This is the one that's currently up on Amazon and Barnes&Noble. It was an early attempt that was rejected for several reasons, including that my MC is blond/blue. It was apparently uploaded by the Tor Art Dept. in error a few months back and even though the new cover was uploaded by Tor a month ago, it's taking the stores a while to catch on.

Some of you are running contests for Personal Demons. (See contest links at the top of the page if you want to enter.) If you linked the cover pic on your blog to Amazon's website, you would have noticed some shenanigans yesterday. For the last few weeks, Amazon had the new cover up, but when they added the "look inside" feature night before last, the cover reverted to the old one. You would have seen the picture on your blog change as well if you're linked to Amazon. O_O

Sorry for all the craziness and thanks for your patience. Hope that clears up the confusion.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that feature! Very cool, thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clearing up the book covers. I was beginning to wonder..LOL!! The Book Depository was showing the blue cover as well. I prefer the final cover , very nice:D Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the cover shown is--the book still friggin' rocks socks! =)

    PS I love the real cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, but definitely the real cover the most! :)

    ReplyDelete